Friday Faces: Marissa from The Boot


I'm excited to start this new series,
inspired by a post a few weeks back
that had us all start talking about who we are...
outside of our blogging-selves.

Each Friday get to know your favorite bloggers a bit better
through the new Aspiring Kennedy series
Friday Faces

To kick off the series,
welcome Marissa from the dreamy Italian journal

Marissa is one of those bloggers that you just know
you'd actually want to hang out with in real life...
and until we can go crash her gorgeous life in Italy,
we'll have to settle for hanging out with her on-line.







Who are you?

I’m Marissa Bognanno, 25. 

Where do you live?

I call two places home: the sleepy suburb of Medfield, Massachusetts over the summer 
and the lively Italian sea town of Barletta, Italy the rest of the year.

What do you do?

I teach private English lessons to adorable Italian kids and Zumba in town. 
I also do some freelance translating and of course, I like to consider the blog a job too.



Why did you start blogging?

I began blogging to document my life in Barletta, and to let everyone know back home what I was up to.
 Now, it has evolved into so much more. I have made actual friends in the blog world 
and wake up every morning with a drive to create, interact, communicate. 
The blog is one of my many passions.


Where do you blog?


Here is the little desk area from which I blog. 
I look out onto our balcony and watch ladies hang laundry and pigeons land on rooftops. 
It's pretty inspiring.



When do you blog?

I love blogging in the early morning, while drinking my espresso and listening to podcasts. 
Basically when I’m alone and not distracted.


What's been the most shocking moment of your blogging career?


I think it was the day I realized that people are really nice. My mom pointed it out to me. 
She said, “Do you realize how nice the people who comment on your blog are?” 
The comments I receive make me happy and humbled on a daily basis. 
I’m still waiting for my first hate comment - that will mean I’ve really made it! 


What look suits you best?


The standard jeans and t-shirt look is so sexy and classic to me. Plus it can be dressed up or down according to the shoes; heels for Friday night, flats for Saturday afternoon, flip flops for a lazy Sunday.








Where do you want to be in five years?


I want to be doing exactly what I’m doing now, 
but with more money, a nicer house, and preferably Manu as my husband. 
And if that doesn’t work out, as long as I have Manu and my health, I’m sure I’ll be fine. 



meet marissa's italian stallion,  manu.


What is one thing your readers would be surprised to learn about you?

When I was little I danced with the Ballet Theater of Boston in the Nutcracker 
for several years and I also did a ton of musical theater.
 My dad is a great singer and my mom did tap and jazz while she was pregnant with me, 
so you could say I caught the entertaining bug early on.





I love that girl.  If you want more, head to Marissa's blog, The Boot, 
or connect with her on twitter.


11 comments:

  1. love marissa. she is awesome. and i covet her italian life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview, she seems so down to earth, popping over now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. va benne, she is va va benne.
    thanks for introducing me to another nice blogger.
    gotta leave her a nice comment. wish my italian was better.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my gosh! i'm smiling from ear to ear! thank you lauren! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, Marissa is super adorable! I can't believe I didn't know of her blog before; especially because I live about 25 minutes from Medfield! Small world :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. marissa is SO sweet. i love this post :)
    and her five year plan isnt too bad either! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I love her! She is so cute and her life is like a dream. How fun and exciting. Thanks for sharing. I am loving this series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute is she! Off to live an expat life in Italy vicariously... Thanks for the intro, Lauren!
    xxoo
    Carolyn

    P.S. Marissa should definitely join us on our Parisian blogging adventure...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh to be living in Italy...good for her! Off to check her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for featuring Marissa, she is adorable. I love to read her posts!

    Xoxo

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    I hope you will come and join my Giveaway from Interieurs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...