Monday Moods: I feel... hot.


This week, we've been experiencing
 a heat wave here in London.

It's hot.
It's summery.
It's bright.

And, honestly,
it's really confusing.

I mean, 
it is also October.

What the heck? 

It's mid-80's here, people.

I don't have clothes for this,
and it's turning the city a little crazy.

Everyone is acting like it's spring break.

On Saturday we walked the city 
(twice)
with (two different sets of) friends.

While we were on these happy treks,
we witnessed a lot of atypical London activity.

People were swimming in the Thames
in their jeans and shoes...
(sick)



People jamming out on the river bank
in their swim suits...
(hilarious)




People were performing random acts of art...
(enjoyable)




People were strewn about the embankment
wearing nothing but their pasty skin...
(relatable)




Beyond our time along the Thames,
we found the city streets as affected, too.

The parks were jammed with people...

(two of which were us)





Or they were crowding patios to enjoy the al fresco dining opportunity...

(13 of those diners were our Oxford gang at Laduree...

to send off the Smiths before their flight to NYC)





and, generally, Londoners were just enjoying 
the city's sites void of cloud cover
& glowing with sunshine.




The temperatures are dropping mid-week.

In fact, we'll be heading into low-60's
by Wednesday...
but while it was here,
our "summer" was pretty grand.

Welcome to October!


*all images original to Aspiring Kennedy

17 comments:

  1. I know I've said it before, but I adore your sense of humor... you are just so darn cute. It was warm here too. I was in shorts and flip flops. I love autumn and am more than ready to break out the cute jackets and boots! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I want autumn to come back, I am sweltering here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well it sounds like everyone was coming out of all the nooks and crannies out of hibernation to enjoy one final "gift" from summer. While I would take advantage, gotta admit I am kind of digging this fall weather. 60's, crisp, clear as a whistle, cool....theres not a bad hair day in sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like when the weather does not match the season- it throws me off! But enjoy the brief October summer- we've gotten cold here in DC the last few days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i've decided summer is never leaving oklahoma. it's in the upper 80's and 90's all week. and i just know, being oklahoma, it's going to go from this to freezing overnight somewhere mid-November. i can also relate to those with pasty skin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. amazing, right?? It was even hotter than the hot August days, which were not many!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man... I wonder how many Brits got sunburned this weekend!
    I saw old photos of the Thames and it used to be a full on beach with sand and everything. How fun would that have been!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are a wonderfully fantastic photographer! I really love the one of the shadows overlooking the sunbather, beautiful.

    I have a t-shirt that says, "Sunshine Makes Me Hot". lol. Enjoy the warm days!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great round up of a hot, hot, hot weekend! We walked the South Bank, too - fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm jealous of the summer weather you're having across the pond! I can't complain too much though, it's bright and beautiful here, and supposed to be like this all week. Happy October indeed :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos! I wish I were in London enjoying the heat wave too : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you had a mini heat wave! That photo of Big Ben is fab!!!

    I'm ready to break out my boots and sweaters here...finally!
    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous photos of London! Is pretty amusing that when I leave the UK to head to USA, OF COURSE we get a crazy little summer?!! haha. Not looking forward to the super cold weather when I return :(

    M x www.whatwegandidnext.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Kennedy,

    I found you via Across The Pond. Your blog makes me really happy. Thanks for posting your fabulous life in London. I wish I lived there too. Then I really could take a stroll along Abbey Road! :)

    ♥Abbey
    Along Abbey Road
    Enter to win my $25 LOFT gift card giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Feel so lucky I got to experience London during it"s freak heat wave! It was amazing!! Hopefully next time I'm in town for personal not business and we can meet up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad it's cooled down now! I love these photographs - it's been a while since I've been down by the river.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Greetings Kennedy,
    Just came across your blog....so spectacular i'm totally hooked already. love. love. I am applying for school in the UK and hope to experience all these gorgeous sights and sounds very soon. Have a terrific turkey day-if you celebrate it :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...