Monday Moods: I feel... off.


After one month in the US,
our bags are once again packed
and stuffed with the splendors
of Christmas morning & American retail prices.

Delicacies such as chile rellenos & fried okra
have made our jeans fit a bit tighter,
but the time with our loved ones has made our heart swell, too.

So as I anxiously await touching down in London
and moving on to a glorious stint in Paris,
I'm also saying goodbye to a few aspects of life
that I've been enjoying so much in the States.

Hunting through my mom family's abandoned grocery store for buried treasures. I found some good ones!

Roasting s'mores with family and watching Downton Abbey.

The retail craziness in the US. So much of everything... Is that 24 species of Pop-Tarts?

Decent burgers- because let's be honest: England kinda sucks at making burgers.

Spending time with my grandma...

And surprising her with dinner on her wedding china. (She wanted "spaghetti with a big glass of milk." ha!)

And of course, playing with my sweet niece. Good grief, I love that girl.



*all images original to Aspiring Kennedy

16 comments:

  1. What a lovely time you've had, I love seeing the different generations of your family.
    Oh and I would love to to be jaunting off to Paris to live for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is wonderful to go home once in a while... I can see you made the most of it! Veronique (French Girl in Seattle)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Have a safe trip back across the pond!

    And as for burgers, what are your thoughts on Gourmet Burger Kitchen? I remember when I lived there and those started cropping up all over the place - all of us American's were WAY too excited!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new look ;) I too miss good burgers and US retail.. wahhh! Safe trip back! Hey will we will on the same time zone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got to be honest - I love Europe, but nothing beats an American grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously! England cannot make a good burger. GBK does a pretty good lamb burger though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a place in Greenwich in London that has amazing burgers. I forget what it's called but I remember being really surprised.

    Did you know they came out with a sugar cookie poptart for Christmas? Life. Changed.

    Be safe on your travels. Cannot wait to see photos from freakin PARIS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you know that January 23rd is actually considered one of the "bluest" days of the year?
    No wonder you feel off.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  9. POP TARTS! What I wouldn't give for a box of those right now!

    Looks like you had a wonderful trip and I know where you're coming from on having mixed feelings about leaving again. Trips back to the states are always so bitter sweet.

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, that sort of made me feel sad! I'm sure it's a bittersweet feeling...you miss your family, but you have made a new home in Europe. You will never regret all these fun adventures...I wish I had done more! I am SOOOOO excited to hear of your adventures in Paris. You know you are living out my and my hubbies day dream right?? So excited for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear about your next adventures. I also got so overwhelmed by the selection in American grocery stores after shopping in little tiny shops with 2 choices for pasta sauce for a year. A whole aisle? Whoh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Safe travels!! cant wait to see you! and btw, LOOOVE the new look and your pic!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll let the whole 'in the states for a month' thing go. This time! I know you aren't home much, but I'd come along with Granma's spaghetti and milk dinner to meet you for reals! ;) enjoy your flittering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Reading your blog is like reading an Emily Griffin book. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...