Beginner's Manual for Staying In An {Italian Villa}


When we planned this blogger hen-do,
we knew it had to have a supreme backdrop.

With us all coming from different places in Europe,
we knew that most any decent place 
within the reaches of Ryan Air was our play ground.

So we settled on Tuscany.

Megan, our bride-to-be, had never been,
and as a wedding gift to her, 
I thought she should experience the greatness that is Italy.

And, as you may be realizing,
 I have issues with spending any free time I have there. 

Really bad issues.

So Liz found us an amazing villa on *AirBnB,
we paid the deposit, packed our bags,
and away we went.

If you are looking for an affordable place to rent in Tuscany,
this might be your spot.

It has four bedrooms,





two and a half bathrooms,

large common areas,









an updated kitchen perfect for making big meals,



and, most importantly, a pool set among an olive grove.


It took a lot, I mean, a lot to post a picture of me in a swimsuit next to tiny Megan.




The other great thing is that it's about 15 minutes away
from my favorite place in the world, Lucca.

I have highlights from Florence & Cinque Terre to come,
but for now,
enjoy the quick trip to our temporary piece of heaven.





To read the more tragic & real start to our trip,
head over to Liz or Megan's blogs for the recount.

They wrote out the stories so well,
I'll leave it up to them to give you the full picture.


{Read my review for renting an affordable house in France here.}



*all images original to Aspiring Kennedy
**if you haven't used AirBNB, use this link. We both save money. Win-win.

21 comments:

  1. Um, highlight of this post is two hot gals in stylish swimsuits. Ow ow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The villa looks incredible & you both look awesome in your swimsuits!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks divine - and you can't beat that price when split between 3!

    xxx
    Jenna
    Ps - you both look amazing in your swimsuits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. your caption of us by the pool made me laugh OUT LOUD.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks incredible and I love your swim suit, so cute. -Heidi http://fabricandfrosting.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I love that you post something about such a gorgeous corner of the world, and all ppl can focus on is: the swimsuit.
    But seriously - I love that y'all all had the LBDs of suits. Super chic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a gorgeous hot honey! Please forgive my sexist 1970's language, I'm old

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously. i want my next italian getaway to be in tuscany and i NEED it to be in a precious house like that! you ladies are such brilliant travelers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, such a bliss. I love this part of Italy SO much. P.S. You look hot to trot in that swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful villa! And you look so chic... I think I need a classic black suit now :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my goodness I'm in love. Absolutely love all the beauty Tuscany has to offer :)
    Umm, you look amazing so hush!!
    I feel terrible that Liz got sick! How awful! :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous setting! Its terrible that Liz got sick but I hope the three of you had a wonderful 24 hrs before that happened.

    Stupid fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This villa looks gorgeous!! Need to visit Tuscany.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im happy to move in to that house if they are looking for a full time resident. I'll keep a good eye on the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. woooow! that's fantastic! i would love to go there now and hang out at the pool! it's so cold and rainy in Moscow tonight..

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh yay yay yay!!! we booked our (shitty routing) tickets to Milan for next spring! we're thinking venice/florence/cinque terre....your posts will be perfect!!!!

    and you, my dear, are gloriously sophisticated, glamorous and fabulous in a swimsuit!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh look-there is a spot for me right between you girls!....;)
    Thanks for the round up of awesome pics. You guys are stunning in swimsuits I must say.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this. And the video and Megan and I'm so happy I found your blog! Y'all are total babes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness, that villa looks absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect place for a hen-do! Looks like a dream :) Aaannnd you look great in your swim suit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...