To A Tea: Primrose Bakery


Continuing on with
in my new little journey
to find great places for tea in London
comes something a little different
that the fancy Fortnum & Mason afternoon tea
I posted about previously.


After reading about how delicious their kitschy retro bakery was,
I was set & determined to head out to Primrose Hill
to try out Primrose Bakery.

I begged asked my friend, Meg, to join me
for a little afternoon out,
and, like nice friends often do, she obliged.



Located in the posh residential neighborhood of Primrose Hill,
this bakery is a bright cheerful spot 
to find yourself chatting away an afternoon.





The staff is sweet,
the baked goods offer plenty of variety,
and somehow, you end up getting cozy 
with those around while you're there.

***

I won't lie when I say 
it's constantly luring in a crowd of yummy mummies
and their Bugaboo-saddled offspring,

{Fortunately, most of them are so fatigued from French Nursery School,
the atmosphere remains quite serene.}





I recommend the lemon cake.
It's moist and really tart...
if that's your thing.

{It is definitely mine!}




Their cupcakes are also notable...
as they are what landed Primrose Bakery on the map
and are the most commonly requested item 
on the {cute, hand-drawn chalkboard} menu.





As the bakery is fairly cozy, 
you'll find there is limited seating, 
so going with a large group could be difficult.

Save this spot for a quiet afternoon with a friend or two.

{Their cute offspring coming is an optional, but recommended, addition.}




Prices are more than reasonable,
as you will find yourself well-off the tourist track.

My pot of tea and {cough} two sweets were under £10.






To be honest,
this original location of this bakery
 is tucked away from the typical tourist loop.

It's not necessarily difficult to get to...
but I'd have a map handy (or google maps)
when heading there,
as it's about a 10 minute walk from the tube station and bus stop.

The purist in me enjoyed the short trek to the starting place
 of the Primrose Bakery dynasty,
but for those seeking an option 
slightly more conducive to a tourist-schedule, 
you might consider their newly opened location in Covent Garden.


_________________________


So overall, who would I recommend the Primrose Bakery for?

Probably for those of us who are local to London
looking for a fun place to meet up with a friend...
or for anyone who has more than a couple of days in the city.

Otherwise, you might feel too rushed to enjoy
 the experience of getting there
and settling in with tea and a good conversation
 for the afternoon.




*all images original to Aspiring Kennedy


16 comments:

  1. Two desserts? I would be getting three or four. With a few pots of hot cocoa. Such a charming place. Added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tucked away places are always so much more worth it. I wish we had cupcakes in Israel, that trend skipped riiiight over. In fact they just stopped with baklava (not that I'm complaining).

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! And those cupcakes --- yummo!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks so cute! I'm sure the cheery, yellow exterior and pretty cupcakes inside are perfect for brightening a dark, cold day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, love this place!!

    What a great idea to launch a London-tea-time series :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay quinoa cupcakes! A likely gluten free alternative pour moi. hee hee

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cupcakes look delightful! I love the name too.

    Bonnie Rose | A Compass Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. this place looks so cute, and the treats look delicious! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. This place looks adorable! I am a huge fan of cupcakes and this place looks so charming...I need to plan a trip to London ASAP :) Actually, one of my good friends from HS is moving to London in the fall (her fiance is doing a Master's program, so I'll be sure to send her your blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the Primrose Bakery, it's so yummy! I also love lemon cake- it has to be SERIOUSLY lemony though in my opinion- if it doesn't smack you in the face with lemonyness, it ain't lemon cake!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am heading to London next month for a vacation and one of the items on my 'things to do' list is to try high tea. I will def have to try one of your suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sweet, cheery yellow storefront -- I absolutely adore it! I'd find a way to make my way here quite often. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i am going to go and try this one out as the one in covent garden is always so busy.

    and i am trying to find the best cupcake in london, any excuse to eat cake, so this is a must.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've heard nothing but amazing reviews of this place. I'll definitely have to try it out next time I'm in that side of the world.

    Really loving your blog!

    Love from South Africa

    Arum Lilea

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...