Why I Love: Natalie Erwin


Beyond my duties as an Aspiring Kennedy,
I'm also an aspiring art collector.

I scheme of ways to get beautiful art into my home...
with little luck, to this point.

As a girl, 
a print of one of Monet's Water Lilies
 hung above my bathtub.

I would lay there and stare at it...
becoming involved with the scene 
and feeling at home the blurry dream..

While I still love Monet,
my tastes have slightly expanded...

Different styles...
different texture...
different techniques...

These days, I can be lured into a multitude of pieces.





I first met Natalie Erwin through work,
in fact- by hosting an art show for her
when I lived in Dallas.

And though we were busy selling her work
through the project,
it was me who ended up SOLD on her work.



Natalie burns her art into
trademark, birch panels.

Though it's hard to see in pictures,
each piece has amazing texture and depth 
from the wood-burned designs.

Natalie then uses stains and milk paints to color the pieces
and bring life to the image.

{Learn more about her technique here.}

the best wedding guest book ever!



The result is a glossy delight
that blends well into both modern & traditional settings.

While I have been smitten with her vintage scarf series
and her ranch series,
Natalie may be best known for her custom dog portraits.





Because honestly, 
how precious are those little faces?

I'm a sucker for them...



Someday, when our big check rolls in
and I finally get an allowance for art...
you better believe I'll be staring up from my tub
at one of Natalie's pieces.


7 comments:

  1. I love her art! So beautiful and natural. Having a personal gallery is so important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what adorable and beautiful paintings! have to check her out..

    check out my current Twitter Giveaway you can win this rockin' Gold Bangle ..

    http://some-kind-of-style.blogspot.com/2011/09/giveaway-pirate-romance-jewerly-piece.html

    Just get on Tweeting... Win a rockin’ piece of Jewelry @InPirateWeTrust #PirateSomeStyle

    thanks sweets! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. ....and you will! Love her work. Thanks for sharing.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats incredible. I haven't heard of that art technique, and I am fascinated! Beautiful work! Must take a lot of patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK....soooo weird. Last night, I was just telling my father-in-law (a true rancher) about Natalie's ranch art (which I love) but had forgotten her name. Knew I could track it down...and now here it is. That is the BIGGEST sign I know that we will one day buy one her paintings. Or have her do a portrait of Molluy! :)

    Spent a spur of the moment week in Dallas last week to wait out Hurricane Irene!! HOT!

    xoxo Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...