Pack Your Bags: {Classy} St. Andrews


If you've read this blog for a little while,
you might have learned that there are certain places
that I kinda get obsessed with after visiting.

And when that happens,
 I visit them again... and again... and again.

St. Andrews in Scotland is one of those special places.




This famous town was listed on the first itinerary I ever had,
so, site unseen, I showed up and spent the day exploring the tiny coastal town.

And ever since that random day,
 it's become one of my favorite spots in the UK.

Since I'm typically there with students, 
I experience the town through the eyes (& budget) of a student....
but last week, I went with my parents
and got to experience the town through their eyes.... and budget.

All of that lead up to say:
we stayed at the St Andrews Old Course Hotel
and it was freakin' awesome.

{Oh yeah, I'm classy and belong in luxury hotels, y'all.}




A few things to know about the famous hotel:

It's owned by Kohler.
Yeah, like the water faucets.

While this seems weird, it results in the hotel having 
amazing tubs and showers in every room
I have ever been to in my life.

{Use of the thermal spa is free for hotel guests.}

I lierally sat in one of the whirlpools and thought:
I feel like a Roman at the baths.




And when we sat in the rooftop hot tub
as the sun set over the coast
drinking my chamomile,
I felt exceptionally fancy.






The breakfast served at the hotel is amazing.
Order some waffles
and tell me if you've ever had better.

You can't. 




It's impossible...
because they are actually, believe it or not, Belgian
and have the yummy sugar pearls in the batter.

Oh my.

Regardless of if you are staying in the hotel or not,
you can come eat at the resort's pub, The Jigger Inn.

It's the cute little white house tucked between the golf course & the hotel.

It's well-priced, 
the service is really great,
and the freshly caught haddock, for the fish & chips, is completely legit.




Finally, and perhaps most importantly,
free on-demand movies in your room.

I totally veg'ed out after dinner
watching movie after movie
in our enormous, American-sized bed
cradled by an obscene amount of fluffy pillows.




So this is my instagram-level tour
and review of our stay at The Old Course Hotel in St. Andrews.

Overall, it's a great hotel that would make the perfect setting
for a trip to St. Andrews... if you can make the splurge.

{It would be hard to imagine being disappointed if you did.}

Wait for tomorrow when I take you on a drool fest
throughout the rest of town and our stay
with the pictures I took on my "real" camera.



*all images original to Aspiring Kennedy.
**follow me on Instagram. Username: aspiringkennedy





13 comments:

  1. sooo...next time your parents come to town im just going to jump on that travel train ok? awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Now I'm itching to go to Scotland! Specifically St. Andrews! And you take such beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh la la! Very nice! I looked at the website for the college there once (just out of curiosity) and it looked divine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, I commented on your Edinburgh article saying those photos broke my heart. Grew up in St.Andrews and got married there, so it holds a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I want to go to St. Andrews with your parents. Oh wait, I want to travel the entire world with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are making me So excited for my trip! I am totally jotting down pages of notes. We leave Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. going to add the old course hotel to my must visit list! The kholer whirlpools & that waffle look insane. Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, fancy! I had a Graduation tea with my parents in the Old Course - SUPER luxury (we each chose a different type of tea... just 'cos we could).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Most of the time….about 9 times out of 9 1/2….I pick my hotel based on their bathrooms…this would really come in handy if I stayed in a kohler owned hotel! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! I just stayed at the old course hotel on my honeymoon....it was amazing! Breakfast was unreal! And like you, I will definitely be back. The fancy hotel restaurant hosted a great dinner, but I would also recommend a wills & Kate pub crawl tour of st Andrews.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this looks incredible. St. Andrews is where the royals vacation, right? It's now on my destination list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So amazing! I want to lie down in that bed right now & eat waffles!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...